What Is The SDS System? How Does It Affect Students From India?
SDS is the abbreviated form of Study Direct Stream. This is nothing but a system or a program which helps in the speeding up of the time for processing the applications for the students who apply for the full – time studies in the colleges and universities of Canada for Filipinos. The SDS system is just great for the Indian students since they application process is streamlined by reducing the overall time taken which speeds up the admission process and all other formalities to a significant extent. Apart from the benefiting the Indian students, the SDS program also benefits the students of China, Vietnam and Philippines. This system has its support from one of the leading financial intuition of Canada named Scotiabank. Scotiabank actually provides all the eligible students from India and the other approved countries with the opportunity for purchasing a Guaranteed Investment Certificate (GIC) that help to satisfy the requirements of financial statement of the SDS system or program.
Requirements of the SDS System or Program
If the Indian students or the students of the other approved countries apply for a program under the SDS system, then it is mandatory to meet the eligibility criteria which are as mentioned below.
- The admission should be made to a full – time course or program in a post – secondary institution that are publicly funded like the colleges, universities, institutes or CEGEP.
- An IELTS score is mandatory with a minimum band of six in each of the fields that is reading, writing, listening and speaking. Moreover, the test should be taken within two years of time from the date of application.
- It is essential to purchase a special Guaranteed Investment Certificate (GIC) from Scotiabank of value 10000 Canadian Dollars for the purpose of covering of the living expenses during the first year of stay in the nation of Canada.
- The submission of the proof of payment of the tuition fees for the first year where admission is sought is necessary.
- Ultimately, the students need to undergo an upfront medical test minimum one week prior to the time of submission of the application.
Benefits That the Students Get
- The top advantages that the students get for applying under the SDS system are as listed below.
- First and foremost, the visa processing is streamlined for all of the institutions that fall under the SDS category.
- Secondly, the overall time for processing of the visa is much faster as compared to the institutions that do not come under the SDS program.
- Thirdly, the financial documentation required by the students in readily minimized under the SDS system making it quite easy and convenient for the students.
Why Study in Canada?
There are a number of solid reasons as to why students go for studying in Canada.
- Cost in the lower side
- Institutions are simply world class
- Environment for the students is healthy and safe
- Option to work while studying
- Opportunity of applying for permanent resident in Canada
- Being eligible for a Post Graduate Work Permit