Process Of Getting Student Permit Faster With SDS For Canada
A number of students from across the world visit Canada every year for higher studies. The Government of Canada has a special program which helps in speeding up of the process of getting student permit faster, easier and convenient. The program is Student Direct Stream which is more popularly known as SDS which readily speeds up the visa processing for the students.
Individuals who are eligible to apply for Student Direct Stream:
The individuals who are the legal residents of the following countries are eligible.
- – India
- – China
- – Vietnam
- – Philippines
However, individuals who are the residents of other countries are not eligible to apply for Student Direct Stream and they require to go through normal process of visa application which is a lengthy one.
Documents Needed for the Application:
In order to apply for SDS program, the following documents are required.
- – A copy of genuine medical exam confirmation certificate
- – A copy of the acceptance letter from learning institution which you have chosen
- – Proof of purchase of the GIC or Guaranteed Investment Certificate of $10,000
- – Proof of payment of the tuition fees for the first year of study
- – Proof of graduating from a Canadian curriculum high school or a language test form showing a
- 1. Niveaux de compétence linguistique canadiens score of a minimum 7 for French or
- 2. Score of a minimum 6 for English in the IELTS exam
Application for Student Direct Stream:
In the next step, you will have to apply for SDS. Once the application process is completed, the application is reviewed right away for any discrepancies. It is important to keep in mind that in case the application does not meet the Student Direct Stream criteria, then the review of the application will be processed as a regular study permit and it would not get the faster processing.
Application is Approved
- – If the application is approved, a letter of introduction is sent. This is not a study permit but this letter must be shown to the immigration official at the time of arriving in Canada
- – Also, a temporary resident visa also known as visitor visa is sent so that the individual can enter Canada. The visitor visa will be in the passport and the student must enter Canada prior to it expiry. It is important to note that the study permit is legitimate till the completion of the chosen program.
Application is Refused
- A letter will be sent giving proper explanation about the reason for the refusal. For further questions, the students can contact the visa office that had sent the refusal letter.
- By following these above mentioned steps, the process of getting student permit becomes faster with SDS system for studying in Canada.