Learning the Details About SDS Program
What is SDS (Study Direct Stream)?
is the abbreviated form of Study Direct Stream
which is actually a system or a program for Indian students that helps to speed up the overall time taken for the processing of the applications for the students who wish to apply for the full - time studies in the colleges and universities of Canada
. The SDS system is ideal for the students of India since the application process is streamlined by a reduction of the overall time taken. This results in the speeding up the admission process and all other formalities to a significant extent. Apart from the benefiting the students from India, the SDS system also benefits the students of China, Vietnam and Philippines. This system gets its support from any of theses leading financial institutions of Canada named Scotiabank / ICICI Bank / SBI Bank Canada. Scotiabank helps all the eligible students from India along with the other approved countries in purchasing a Guaranteed Investment Certificate (GIC) for the purpose of satisfying the requirements of financial statement of the SDS system or program.
To qualify under the SDS system, it is mandatory for the aspiring students to fulfil the all the eligibility criteria which are as listed below.
- The students should be admitted to a full - time course or a program in any of the post - secondary institutions which are publicly funded such as the colleges, universities, institutes or CEGEP.
- A mandatory IELTS score with at least a band of six in each of the sections that are reading, writing, listening and speaking. The test scores will only be considered if it is taken within two years of time from the date of application.
- It is required to purchase a special Guaranteed Investment Certificate (GIC) from Scotiabank / ICICI Canada or SBI Canada which should be valued at 10000 Canadian
- Dollars for covering of the living expenses during the first year of stay in the nation of Canada.
- It is necessary to submit the proof of payment of the tuition fees for the first year where admission is sought is necessary.
- Finally, the applicants are also required to undergo an upfront medical test at least a week before the submission of the application.
Advantages of applying under SDS
There are a number of solid advantages which the eligible students get if they apply under the SDS system that are as discussed below.
- First and foremost, the visa processing is absolutely smooth and uninterrupted for all of the institutions that are entitled under the SDS category.
- Secondly, the overall time taken for the processing of visa is much lesser as compared to the institutions that do not fall under the SDS program.
- Thirdly, all the monetary documentation required by the students is minimised to a great extent under the SDS system thereby making it quite easy and convenient for the students.
- Under the SDS program, the students will be able to get more choices of the institutions and universities of Canada as compared to the previous SPP program where there were only 47 affiliated institutes.
Features and Rules of SDS program Canada for India
According to the new rules and regulations, the SDS system has some special conditions for the students from India which are as listed below.
- A minimum band of six in each of the modules is required in the IELTS exam.
- A candid medical examination of the applicant prior to a week before submitting the application is required.
- The SDS program is launched with the help of Scotiabank.
- This system has speeded up the process of visa application for the Indian students.
- The overall method of visa processing for the all the colleges and institutions affiliated under the SDS system is extremely systematic in nature.
- Payment receipt of complete tuition fees should be mandatorily shown by the students.
- Under the SDS program, the need of documentation is minimised which is beneficial for the applicants.
- A Guaranteed Investment Certificate of10000 Canadian Dollars from Scotiabank / ICICI Bank / SBI Bank Canada needs to be bought for covering the living expenses of the students for one year.
- The SDS program of CIC will be acting as the alternative to the previously existing SPP program in India.
Read more from our blog: What Is The SDS System? How Does It Affect Students From India?
Documents Required for SDS Visa Application
The following documents should be included along with the SDS visa application which would ensure a smooth processing with out any kinds of interruptions.
- The copy of the acceptance letter from a learning institution that is affiliated under the SDS program.
- The copy of the upfront medical examination confirmation is required to be submitted as the documentary evidence.
- The students need to submit the proof of purchasing the Guaranteed Investment Certificate of10000 Canadian Dollars from Scotiabank / ICICI Bank / SBI Bank Canada needs to be included for the visa application.
- You also need to submit the proof of payment of tuition fees of the first year of study in the nation of Canada.
- Finally, you need to submit the proof of being graduated from a Canadian high school curriculum or else you need to take an English language test of IELTS wherein your score should be at least six in each of the modules.
Therefore, if you are interested to study in Canada
, do not waste any more time and apply under the new SDS system to streamline your process of application.