How to select Universities in Canada?
- Canadian education system is own by the government, Student Partners Program (SPP) is the official program offered to Indian student by Canada.
- Purpose of SPP program is to give vocational training to Indian students so they could accommodate themselves in industry according to industry’s requirement.
- Most universities from Canada are promoting undergraduate education (bachelor degree programs) only few universities are there, offering master degree to International Students.
- You should choose university study according to location / University / Department / Research Assistance & Course work / Specialization / Scholarship possibilities / Tuition fees / Living cost / Post study work opportunity
- There is no ranking in Canadian education system so you should choose university on the basis of Tuition fees, Department, Professor & most important is LAB
- There are few individual bodies who ranked Canadian universities like webometrics, macleans, usnews, worldtop20,
- Any student planning for University study at Canada should start preparation at least before 1 year to manage application to be processed before respective deadlines (e.g: September (fall) intake has its deadline over in January / February for most universities.)
- Getting admission from Canadian universities required good score in prerequisite exams like IELTS, TOEFL-iBT, GRE & GMAT
- IELTS / TOEFL-iBT is mandatory exam for getting admission from universities where GRE / GMAT are optional. University admissions are very competitive and GRE / GMAT score will increase possibility of getting admission.
- IELTS score should be 6.5 – 7.5 overall & TOEFL-iBT should be between 80 – 105
- GRE / GMAT is not mandatory and student can survive without writing it. Only few universities named McGill, University of Alberta, UBC, University of Waterloo and University of Toronto.
Why to study in Canadian University?
- University standards are uniformly high as compare to any other country.
- Study through faculties coming through across the world.
- International students has opportunity to study Bachelor (Grad 12 students) & Masters / Doctoral (Bachelor degree students)
- Chance to meet students from more than 150 countries
- University qualification valued around the globe
- Innovative and ample research opportunity with number of internship / co-op options
- United States is called “Land of opportunities” where Canada is “Land of possibilities”
How to get admission in Canadian Universities?
Undergraduate & Graduate:
- Attested copies of documents as per the checklist
- SOP & Recommendation letter
- Application form (if off line application) & Application fees
- Resume (if having work experience)
- Prerequisite exam like IELTS / TOEFL-iBT & GRE / GMAT score and official copies
- Official copies of school and college transcripts
- Application to be submitted before mentioned deadlines
- Complete the pending requirements
Tuition fees range for bachelor and masters programs (Vary program to program & University to University) $15,348 - 50,137 CAD (for Bachelor, MS, ME & MBA)
Canada’s top most Public Universities
- University of Toronto
- York University
- University of Waterloo
- University of Windsor
- Ryerson University
- Queen’s University
- McMaster University
- University of Western Ontario
- University of Guelph
- University of Ontario Institute of Technology
- Carleton University
- University of Ottawa
- Brock University
- Lakehead University
- Laurentian University
- University of British Columbia
- University of Victoria
- Simon Fraser University
- Royal Roads University
- Capilano University
- Thompson Rivers University
- University of the Fraser Valley
- Vancouver Island University
- University of Alberta
- University of Calgary
- University of Lethbridge
- University of Saskatchewan
- University of Regina
- University of Manitoba
- University of Winnipeg
- University of Montreal
- McGill University
- Concordia University
- University of Quebec
- Bishop's University
Difference between College & University educations
- Only public colleges (DLI) allowed to recruit students
- Easy application process
- Less tuition fees (Range in CAD $ 13 – 15 K only)
- Ideal for Indian students, vocational programs
- Specialization & job oriented program
- Programs with Industry Licences & certification
- Easy to get job program best for Industry job
- Public & Private both universities are allowed
- Complex application process
- Range from CAD $ 15 – 50 K
- Research based programs & lengthy curriculum
- Research Assistance ship & paper presentations
- Masters & Doctorate programs
- Best for Research based work or academic career