Financial Facts you should know
- Less pricey than all other top destination in the world for higher education. Any student with budget of 13 – 15 lacs (for 1st year) can easily plan further study in Canada.
- This budget can be managed easily as every student get part time work permit along with the study permit.
- Students are legally allowed to work up to 20 hours per week during regular academic sessions and work full-time during scheduled breaks, such as the winter, summer holidays or spring break.
- Only full-time student can work part time legally and must be enrolled in DLI institutes of Canada.
- Major expense you have to bear is 1st semester tuition fees $ 7000 - $ 8000 (Approx. 4.5 lacs) and 1st year living & travel expense as GIC fund (Approx. 6.0 lacs) (refer below table to understand financial planning)
- A yearly tuition fee of average government college in Canada is $ 13000 - $ 15000 CAD and students are allowed to pay a semester fees before they apply for visa. (whole year fees payment not required)
- Tuition fees range vary from minimum $ 11000 CAD to $ 45000 CAD in Canadian Universities & Colleges, but we at Kanan International suggest institute according to students’ eligibility, financial capability of parents & Indian standard.
- GIC process is complex method to show proof of fund at the time of visa application. We recommend you to apply for GIC account as soon as you get LOA (conditional / unconditional)
- GIC fund required to be shown in Scotia Bank account of $ 10280 CAD before visa application.
- GIC fund will be repaid to you after you reach Canada (1st instalment of $2,000 CAD plus any accrued interest will be deposited into your personal bank account of scotia bank & rest $8,000 CAD will be deposited into a 1-year fixed term GIC. Your GIC amount and interest will be automatically deposited into your personal bank account in 12 monthly payments.)
- Tuition fees can be transferred from parents account but GIC fund should be transferred from Student’s account only.
- It’s very important to mention student’s name, Student’s ID & date of birth while transferring funds through wire transfer.
- Minimum wage rate for students is $ 10.55 CAD (as on 1st Oct 15) for part-time job
- Student may easily earn $ 800 cad in 4 weeks while working Monday – Friday (20 hrs), every week. (required good communication & personal skills to get best job)
- Anticipating and managing your living expenses is an important part of student success.
|Description of Expenses
||Amount in Rs.
||IELTS Coaching Fee
||Depends on package
||IELTS Exam Fee
||Rs. 10600/ -
||Admission Process Fee
||Rs. 5700/- (with S.Tax) (SPP)
||Application Fee ( If Applicable )
**Please see application fees waiver list
|From Cad $ 65 to $ 200 Depends on Colleges
||College Tuition Fee (Must be paid before applying for Visa from student / Parent’s Bank account)
||Cad $ 7000 – 8000 Per Semesters
(Rs. 4,25,000 approx.)
||Scotia Bank - GIC Deposits (Guaranteed Investment Certificate) - to cover living expenses for first year in Canada (Must be paid before applying Visa from Student’s Bank account only)
||Cad $ 10,280
(Rs. 6,09,000/- approx.)
- We do not offer any visa guarantee scheme at Kanan International Pvt. Ltd.
- In case of Visa refusal and/or withdrawal, student must have to bear difference amount while getting refund money from colleges, University and GIC due to dollar rate fluctuation. It will be less approximately Rs. 50,000/- to 60,000/-.
- 1 CAD $ = INR 55/- approx.
- KIPL offers application fees WAIVER in more than 19+ colleges under SPP.
- Provided figures are estimated sum, it may change time to time.
- Minimum expenses are based on SPP college’s 1st year tuition fees
- Tuition fees of Canadian Colleges & Universities varies from $ 11000 - $ 45000 CAD. We have calculated based on tuition fees $ 12000 / P.A
LIVING EXPENSE IN CANADA:
The cost of living in Canada is moderate, compared with other countries. Some prices of typical goods and services are as follows:
- One month's lodging, one-bedroom apartment: $400 on sharing basis
- Bus fare: $50 to $ 100 CAD monthly unlimited Pass
- Local telephone call: $0.25
- Modest restaurant meal: lunch $7/dinner $14
- Movie: $7
- Canadian winters are chilly, an adequate warm clothing budget is essential. Budget around $250 - $350 US for proper winter wardrobe
Type of Accommodation available in Canada
- On Campus Housing : Offered by College / University for international student safe and costly option
- Off Campus Housing : Students can stay in house / apartment by renting for long term. Students may stay as PG or sharing basis
- Homestay : This program allows international students a chance to live with a Canadian family.
International Scholarship Opportunities for Non-Canadians
With strong academic grades and well-rounded experiences, you might just qualify for one of the many scholarships, programs or funding opportunities created for international students just like you who choose to study abroad in Canada.
It is important that you communicate directly with the schools where you have submitted applications. Some of them may have scholarships or awards for international students intended to recognize high academic achievement, leadership or financial need. You may also find that there are scholarships available through your own government or local business associations. It is very important that you have a plan to meet your financial needs while studying in Canada before beginning your studies.
While studying abroad in Canada is less expensive than going to university or college in other countries, many international students also choose to supplement their studies through:
- Part-Time Work
- Internship or Co-op Programs
Choose Canada as your study or research destination and explore the scholarship opportunities available to support the best and brightest to come to Canada. Explore our database by country of origin to find scholarships, fellowships or funding opportunities made available by Foreign Affairs, Trade and Development Canada and other Canadian federal government departments.
- Students and Postdoctoral Researchers: Awards available to international students for study and research in Canada
- Faculty and Researchers: Awards for faculty to conduct research in Canada or abroad
- Academic Institutions: Awards for your students to study in Canada
Scholarships at a glance made available by DFATD
||How To Apply
|Short-term Exchange Programs
|Students from CARICOM countries
|Canada-CARICOM Faculty Leadership
|Faculty or staff at postsecondary institutions in CARICOM countries
|Students from Chile
|Emerging Leaders in the
|Students from Latin America and the Caribbean
|Online Study Scholarships
|Citizens in CARICOM countries
||Citizens in CARICOM countries
|Canada-Brazil Awards: Joint
|Canadian and Brazilian PhD
|Canadian faculty and researchers (team leads) - STEP 1
Find other scholarship opportunities for Non-Canadians
- International Scholarships Newsroom
- Provincial and Territorial Awards
Factors in getting scholarship in Canada
- Academic profile & score
- IELTS (7.0 band or more) and other prerequisite exams
- Type of scholarship programs
- Top performance in class activities
- Co-op and Internship opportunities with program
- Research Assistance
ACCEPTABLE FINANCIAL INSTITUTIONS IN INDIA
The Education Loan must be provided by a bank governed by the Reserve Bank of India. All international banks operating in India also meet these criteria.
- Andhra Bank
- Allahabad Bank
- AXIS Bank Ltd
- Bank of Baroda
- Bank of India
- Bank of Maharashtra
- Bank of Punjab Ltd
- BNP Paribas
- Canara Bank
- Central Bank of India
- Centurion Bank of Punjab Ltd
- Corporation Bank
- Dena Bank
- Federal Bank Ltd
- HDFC Bank Ltd
- IDBI Bank Ltd
- Indian Overseas Bank
- Indian Bank
- Ing Vysya Bank Ltd
- Indusind Bank Ltd
- ICICI Bank
- Jammu & Kashmir Bank Ltd
- Karnataka Bank Ltd
- Kotak Mahindra Bank
- NOVA Scotia Bank
- Oriental Bank of Commerce
- Punjab National Bank
- Punjab and Sind Bank
- South Indian Bank Ltd
- Standard Chartered Bank
- State Bank of India
- State Bank of Bikaner and Jaipur
- State Bank of Hyderabad
- State Bank of Indore
- State Bank of Mysore
- State Bank of Patiala
- State Bank of Saurashtra
- State Bank of Travancore
- Syndicate Bank
- UCO Bank
- Union Bank of India
- Vijaya Bank
Major cities in Canada
|Newfoundland and Labrador
|Prince Edward Island
Major Cities with population (en.wikipedia.org - 2011)
||Vancouver, British Columbia