All individuals except for Canadians who wish to study or work in Canada are required to apply for a temporary residence visa. If you want to travel as a visitor you must apply for a Canada’s Visitor Visa. Canada Visitor’s Visa is a temporary document that allows tourists to visit Canada for tourism and leisure. It is granted temporarily for 6 months.
Eligibility Requirements –
- 1. You are required to prove that you are in good health
- 2. You hold a valid passport
- 3. You have financial resources and can pay for the expenses in Canada
- 4. You plan to remain in Canada only for a specified time and will leave after Canada after your visa expires
- 5. You have no criminal record
- 6. You may be required to undergo a medical examination
How to apply for Canada Visitor’s Visa?
- 1. You can apply online, scan the documents and submit online.
- 2. If you apply on paper, you are required to download the application form which must include the barcode page.
- 3. After which you are required to pay the processing fees via a bank draft or cheque.
- 4. Visit the nearest Canada Visa Application center. You must carry photographs, passport, and completed form along with you.
- 5. You are required to submit the completed application form and pay the necessary service charges.
- 6. You will be given a unique tracking number which helps in tracking the progress of application form online.
- 7. You are also required to give biometrics.
- 8. You can now track your application online.
Do’s and Don’ts for Visa Application
- – Apply for Visitor Visa a few weeks before you plan your travel.
- – Fill all the necessary documents and application form on time.
- – Carry all the required documents along with your Visa Application form.
- – Do not present false documents.
- – Do not hide or misrepresent facts in your Visa application or documents.
Things you CAN and CANNOT do on a Visitor’s Visa
- – You can enter and stay temporarily in Canada on a Visitor’s Visa.
- – Visitor Visa allows you to transit through Canada. In case Canada is not your destination country however you still have to pass through Canada, you may be required to get a visitor visa.
- – You can search for work in Canada but are required to get a valid work permit.
- – Visitor visas are issued for a period of six months. However, you can extend your stay by applying for an extension. After receiving your application, the immigration officer decides whether to grant the extension or not.
- – You can carry out some business activities on a visitor visa like purchase goods for foreign business from Canadian business, visit a business site, receive training for product use after receiving an invitation from Canadian business and meet and interact with people for completing a business transaction.
- – Your visitor Visa does not allow you to permanently stay in Canada.
- – You cannot engage in any commercial activity on a Visitor Visa. You need a valid work permit to work in Canada.
- – While on Visitor Visa you can search for work but can only apply for a work permit at Canada’s Visa office of your country.
- – You cannot study in Canada. You are allowed to legally study in Canada only after receiving a study permit.
- – You cannot apply for a study permit on a visitor visa. You can initiate the process only after returning to your own country.
Kanan International is the most reputed Canada Immigration Consultant in Vadodara. Our staff of expert professionals and consultants will help and guide you to get a Canada Visitor Visa without any hassle.
Call: 0265 – 2361120 / 2334590 / 2334509 or
Visit: www.kananinternational.com for more information.
You can send us your feedback and your comments on the blog can be posted below.